- Relationships and Communication
- Sadness and Depression
- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Sexual Orientation
Dr. Heather Z. Lyons was recognized as a Fellow by the American Psychological Association, an honor bestowed upon psychologists who have shown “evidence of unusual and outstanding contributions or performance in the field of psychology that has had a national impact.”
Dr. Heather Z. Lyons
Not Currently Accepting New Patients in our NYC Office
I place a premium on developing insight as we work together to help you learn what obstacles stand between you and the fulfillment of your needs. Insight occurs when we use therapy to begin to uncover the themes in your experiences.
I provide you with feedback about what is unique and useful about how you interact with others and what might be holding you back. Ultimately, my goal in therapy is to help you engage in more enriching relationships.
My goal is to accompany you through the sometimes difficult truths that we will confront together in therapy to help you move beyond painful feelings or events.
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Maryland
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at Georgia State University’s Counseling Center
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Maryland
- B.A. in Psychology from Northeastern University