Paying for therapy in NYC shouldn’t be a confusing, tangled mess.
If you’re eligible for insurance reimbursement, we expedite the process for you.
- We can leverage technology rarely utilized by therapists in Manhattan and New York City. We’ll turn your payment into an expedited electronic request for out-of-network reimbursement.
- Once you have met your annual deductible, your insurance company will directly reimburse you for the amount they cover.
We’re an out-of-network, fee-for-service practice, so here’s how you check if you’re eligible for insurance reimbursement.
- 1. Contact Your Insurance Company – Find their phone number on your insurance card.
- 2. Find Out If You Have Out-Of-Network Benefits – Ask if your plan includes out-of-network benefits for mental health care.
- 3. Find Out If You Have a Deductible Before Coverage Starts – Ask what your out-of-network mental health services deductible is and what amount you’ll have to pay out of pocket before your policy starts to reimburse you.
- 4. Find Out How Much Your Plan Will Reimburse – Ask your policy’s maximum allowed amount for the mental health service code 90834 and what percentage your policy pays. Ask them for that percentage for a psychologist and master level therapist (social worker, professional counselor, etc.).
- 5. Use This Information To Understand What Therapy Will Cost You – The percent of the maximum allowed is what you’d receive as a reimbursement after you have met your deductible for the year.
Please note that HMO, TRICARE, Medicare, and Medicaid coverage do not reimburse for out-of-network mental health costs.
Our Therapy Fees Are Average For Manhattan
As of 2021, Individual Therapy In Manhattan, NYC, Averages $350 Per Session.
Like most NYC therapists, we are a fee-for-service practice, and we do not directly take insurance. However, most of our patients are reimbursed 50-80% of our fees when using their out-of-network insurance benefits.
We Know Therapy Is Not Cheap
Your Investment and Commitment is Valued.
We recognize that therapy is an investment. The time and money you devote is no small amount. We take our work seriously and hold ourselves to an exceedingly high standard out of respect for your commitment to better your life.
We Minimize the Paperwork Hassle
Your Out-of-Network Reimbursement Paperwork is Filed For You.
The out-of-network insurance process is often complicated. We will electronically file all the necessary paperwork with your insurance company to make it much simpler for you. Once in a while, that method does not work. When that is the case, we will provide you with forms that you will need to file with your insurance company.