- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Relationships and Communication
- Work and Career
Dr. Formal has extensive training in addiction and harm reduction therapy to help those struggling with problematic substance use. He is a member of the American Psychological Association.
Dr. Adam Formal
You may be at a crossroads but are unsure about what to do or how to make changes in your life. I am passionate about helping people work toward their best version of themselves and I hope to help you do that.
When working together, I’ll get to know you and your concerns. We’ll look at your situation the way you see it. Together we will explore what shapes your current situation and what it might look like to maintain current life patterns versus trying out new ones
I will work to help you feel like you are not alone and that there might be new ways of looking at your current struggles and life.Adam Formal, Ph.D. Therapist NYC
I am honored to work in a field where I can genuinely get to know people and facilitate their path toward feeling better, self-actualization, and reaching their goals.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Psychology at the Metropolitan Center for Mental Health
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Long Island University
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at King’s County Hospital
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Long Island University
- B.A. in Psychology and Economics from Rutgers University