- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Life Transitions
- Relationships and Communication
- Sexual Orientation
- Work and Career
- Women’s Issues
Rukiya has trained and worked in various settings, including college counseling centers and hospitals. She is also an adjunct lecturer at colleges and universities in NYC.
Rukiya King, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Psychology Associate (DC)
Although it may be hard to believe now, we will build upon your current strengths to help you create a fun and fulfilling life.
My therapy style is collaborative and strength-based. I want the people I work with to feel confident in their abilities and motivated to pursue their goals.
As a psychologist, I want to help you recognize the value of your emotional experiences and to gain a sense of self and autonomy from therapy.Rukiya King, M.Phil., M.A., Therapist NYC
I love that psychology full of passionate people about what they do and the people they serve. I look forward to hearing your life stories and helping you reach your full potential.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from CUNY Graduate Center/John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at Kings County Hospital
- M.Phil. in Psychology from CUNY Graduate Center
- M.A. in Forensic Psychology from John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- B.A. in Psychology from Medgar Evers College